Laxton was awarded a contract by the United Nations Development Program in February 2017 to supply 2,000 Biometric Registration Kits (BRK) to the National Registration Bureau (NRB) in Malawi. The project is currently in operation to register 9.7 million citizens nationwide within a 9 month period.
The BRK solution is being used by NRB officers to register new applicants and amend existing records for the nationwide registration campaign.
- Biometric Registration Kits including: built-in fingerprint scanner, electronic signature pad, camera and Photo ID assembly, document scanner, thermal printer, and laptop
- Central Biometric Record Management System and Data Collection Centre – including a customized software interface to consolidate new data to the existing National Registration and Identification System (NRIS) database, and allow for continuous registration
- The BRK’s are housed in rugged, man-portable, lightweight, IP64, water resistant, dustproof and shock proof cases
- BRK cases are internally lined with high-density size-matching foam to secure and store the registration equipment on a long term basis
- Battery & Solar Power Systems to ensure no downtime during the registration program
- Backpacks to house and transport accessories including solar panel and stand, photobooth, receipt books, and manuals, thermal sticker rolls, USB mouse, adaptors, tool and maintenance kit, and cables
- In-country project management including: project implementation, logistics, technical support, supply chain management, and training of National Registration Bureau officers