Laxton supplied the Biometric Voter Registration Solution ahead of the Mozambique General Election to be held on 19 October 2019. The solution has included the design, manufacture and delivery of 3,000 biometric voter registration kits; the supply of integrated biometric hardware components and customized software modules; data collection centres; a central voter management system; voter registration supplies (including stationary sets, ink, and security registration forms); election officer training; supply-chain management; and in-country project management and technical support. Eleven technical teams have been deployed to facilitate, oversee, and support the delivery of services in each of the eleven provinces across the country. Laxton’s technical support staff have been based locally in Mozambique to support the project.
Laxton also supplied the Biometric Voter Registration Solution ahead of the Mozambique municipal elections that took place on 10th October 2018. The solution included the upgrade of 3,900 biometric voter registration kits; data collection centres; a central voter management system; voter registration supplies (including stationary sets, ink, and security registration forms); election officer training; supply-chain management; and in-country project management and technical support. Voter registration commenced on 19 March 2018 and was completed on 17 May 2018. As a result, some 6.8 million people were registered to vote in the municipal elections held on 10 October 2018.
Laxton’s Election Solution
- Integrated biometric voter registration hardware and software
- Central Voter Management System
- Voters Roll
- In-country project management and technical support
- Supply chain management
- Election officer training
- Election stationary supplies
- Security registration forms
Laxton designed, manufactured, and delivered upgraded biometric equipment for the biometric voter registration program. The upgrade of the registration equipment includes the implementation of a central voter management system that will contribute to the development of a voters roll ahead of the elections.
- Laxton has provided in-country services and staff from its office in Mozambique for the duration of the voter registration programs.
- The services to date have included: project implementation, supply chain management, logistics, technical support, training of election officials and on-going software and data management.
- Laxton provided training to allow the Election Commission to deliver further training and services in order to collect and manage the registration exercise.
- Some 6,065 Election Officials have been deployed for the Voter Registration program including: 6,000 Operators, 30 Supervisors, 30 Field Technicians, and 5 central staff.
Mozambique is a large, and geographically diverse African country covering over 800,000 square kilometers and is divided into ten provinces with 129 districts. Over two thirds of the population live in rural areas providing numerous logistical and communication challenges when reaching the general population in general and municipal elections.