Laxton is supplying an end-to-end Voter Registration Solution in Mozambique ahead of the municipal elections scheduled for 10 October 2018. The solution includes the supply of biometric voter registration hardware and software; a central voter management system; registration supplies; election officer training; supply-chain management; and in-country project management and technical support.
Voter registration commenced on 19 March 2018.
Laxton’s Election Solution
- Integrated biometric voter registration hardware and software
- Central Voter Management System
- Voters Roll
- In-country project management and technical support
- Supply chain management
- Election officer training
- Election stationary supplies
- Security registration forms
Laxton designed, manufactured, and delivered upgraded biometric equipment for the biometric voter registration program. The upgrade of the registration equipment includes the implementation of a central voter management system that will contribute to the development of a voters roll ahead of the municipal election.
- Laxton has provided in-country services and staff from its office in Mozambique for the duration of the voter registration program.
- The services to date have included: project implementation, supply chain management, logistics, technical support, training of election officials and on-going software and data management.
- Laxton provided training to allow the Election Commission to deliver further training and services in order to collect and manage the registration exercise.
- Some 6,065 Election Officials have been deployed for the Voter Registration program including: 6,000 Operators, 30 Supervisors, 30 Field Technicians, and 5 central staff.
Mozambique is a large, and geographically diverse African country covering over 800,000 square kilometers and is divided into ten provinces with 129 districts. Over two thirds of the population live in rural areas providing numerous logistical and communication challenges when reaching the general population in general and municipal elections.