The Industrial / Product Designer role is focused on designing the best products possible. The candidate must be fully fluent in English. The position is for EU nationals/residents who have the right technical background in biometrics identity and security products and solutions and are looking for a challenging role in a fast-paced organisation.
The Job Role is focused on the following:
1. Research the biometrics and technology industry. To design the best products we can, you have to be up to date with product trends through production, engineering, and technology breakthroughs.
2. Collaborate with designers and engineers, deconstruct briefs, and brainstorm project direction.
3. Create preliminary concept drawings (sketches) to illustrate form, function, and manufacturing direction.
4. Use CAD software (Solidworks & Fusion360) to refine designs and engineer mechanical solutions.
5. Utilise 3D printing to create working product prototypes that indicate both aesthetics and production intent.
6. Collaborate with engineers and in-house mechanist to evaluate product prototype to determine production feasibility and costs.
7. Other tasks assigned by the leader of the department.
The requirements appropriate for the job role may depend on the specific territory.
Key requirements should include:
1. Must be fluent in English
2. Bachelor’s degree as a minimum, with major in Industrial Design or related fields
3. Strong CAD skills (Solidworks & Fusion360), Adobe Illustrator (Ai.) & Photoshop (Psd.)
4. Experience in rendering (Keyshot / Autodesk 3ds Max)
5. 3D printing experience
6. Good knowledge of plastic and related material properties
7. Experience in mechanical mechanisms and plastic clips
8. Knowledge of engineering for electronic devices tablets, phones, laptops
9. Silkscreen Printing & UV Printing experience
10. Web development experience
11. Creative 3D problem solving
12. Excellent drawing and good presentation skills
13. Independent thinker and worker who can easily adapt to a team approach
14. Time Management skills
15. Adaptability and willingness to work overtime when required
The Job Role requires:
1. Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
1. Must be based in Portugal
2. Willing to work flexibly, i.e., overtime/weekends in lieu of off days or additional leave